August 19, 2020
Zucchini Chocolate "Coffee" Loaf
We teamed up with Wooden Spoon Herbs to take a twist on your mushrooms & coffee morning tonic. Comforting foods that incorporate immune boosting medicinal mushrooms and caffeine-free herbal coffee designed to be super gut-friendly.
Zucchini Chocolate Coffee Loaf
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tbsp ground flaxseed meal + 6 Tbsp water)
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Rainbo Forest Juice maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Wooden Spoon Herbs Herbal Coffee
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or avocado oil
- 1/4 cup nut milk
- 1 cup grated zucchini (squeezed dry and packed in measuring cup. We squeezed it with a nut milk bag. Save your zucchini juice and add to smoothie or just drink it!)
- 3/4 cup gluten free baking flour (we use this)
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup dairy-free dark bitter chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, or oil it to use without parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl, prepare flax eggs and let rest for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes: add applesauce, maple syrup, herbal coffee blend (optional), baking soda, baking powder, sea salt, vanilla and cacao powder and whisk again.
- Next add the melted coconut oil (or oil of choice) and nut milk and whisk to combine. Add grated zucchini (that's been squeezed of excess moisture. A nut milk bag works great for this) and stir to combine.
- Add gluten-free flour and almond flour and whisk some more. If the batter appears too thick, add a bit more nut milk. But it should be thick.
- Finally, stir in chocolate chips. Then transfer batter to the loaf pan and top with a few more chocolate chips and shredded zucchini (optional).
- Bake 45 minutes - 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean and the edges feel semi-firm to the touch.
- Let cool for 5 minutes in the pan. Then carefully lift onto a cooling rack using the parchment paper. Texture is best when cooled completely. Will keep covered at room temperature for 3-4 days or in the freezer up to 1 month.
- Enjoy, in joy!