We’re optimizing health and open minds with our Canadian-grown, sustainable and potent medicinal mushrooms. We’re calling on a myco-curious Operations expert to join our startup to prepare our foundation for growth. This role is for a hard-working, entrepreneurial, self-aware, trustworthy, organized and accountable operations person, who is a mycophile-at-heart and has a proven track record at scaling a company.
This is a full-time role reporting to the CEO.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, organize and oversee all supply chain activities including forecasting, planning, sourcing, and ordering product materials, as well as managing production to guarantee timely fulfillment and distribution of company’s products.
- Secure supply chain for growth and sustainability. Identify and drive cost savings opportunities and implement systems to improve efficiency.
- Maintain supply chain inventory. Build out data maintenance infrastructure and report on KPIs.
- Validate and maintain the highest quality control standards, third party lab tests and certifications.
- Develop organizational performance plans and cross-functional KPIs, collaborating with relevant team members and monitoring day-to-day metrics to exceed goals across revenue, target margins, and marketing.
- Embedding sustainability at the enterprise level via strategies, policies and practices.
- Work with the CEO to define, build and foster an engaging and supportive company culture across the team that upholds our core values and mission.
- Collaborate with senior team members to lead strategy to rapidly scale the business across revenue channels, optimizing for margins and profitability, and always maintaining awareness of budget.
- Work with the CEO to manage, train and oversee the team, providing coaching, training and support as needed.
- Own business projections, budgeting, reporting, planning, auditing and cost analyses alongside the CEO.
- Track and optimize revenues, cash flow, and triple bottom line metrics.
- Are a strategic leader with proven operational expertise and track record at a start-up(s).
- Are a naturally creative, experienced and efficient problem solver.
- Can clearly analyze, devise strategic action plans, and follow through to meet key deadlines while holding the team accountable.
- Are forward thinking, and pay exceptional attention to detail that allows you to mitigate potential risks. You are always thinking 20 steps ahead.
- A team-player and are a results and data driven doer.
- Are passionate about wellness, fungi, sustainability and mycological solutions.
- 3-5 years of experience in CPG operations and business strategy, with demonstrated success in bringing an organization to “the next level.”
- 3-5 years of experience managing a growing team, working closely with a Founder/CEO.
- Deep knowledge of supply chain structure (3PLs, contract manufacturing) and corporate finance.
- Startup experience strongly preferred.
- Rainbo culture fit: team-first mentality, curious, self-aware, healthy-ego, customer-obsessed, mycophile, health-enthusiast, desire to learn and grow.
Note from the founder: I’m super excited to be building the Rainbo team, and welcome you to reach out should you feel aligned with Rainbo’s mission, products, and culture. I look forward to hearing from you :)
- Tonya Papanikolov, Founder & CEO
Rainbo is an equal opportunity employer. Much like we celebrate the diversity of the fungi kingdom and interconnectedness of the ecosystems they sustain, we seek the same diversity of experiences, thought, culture and perspectives within our organization. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and Employees and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability or any other characteristic.