Waffles (yields one large waffle or 3 small waffles depending on your waffle iron)
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- ¾ cup milk of choice
- 1 egg
- ½ tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp forest juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Whisk all ingredients in a bowl until mostly smooth.
- Place batter in waffle iron and cook until golden.
Crispy Cornmeal Crusted Mushrooms
- 1 whole maitake mushrooms or a small cluster of oyster mushrooms
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup water
- Seasoning mixture:
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ¼ cup of coarse cornmeal + 3 tbsp cup of all purpose flour
- Avocado oil for frying
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, water, seasoning mixture, and olive oil until it forms a smooth batter,
- In a separate bowl whisk together ¼ cup corn meal + 3 tbsp flour.
- Tear mushrooms into a few large size pieces and dip into wet batter and allow the excess to drain off and then dip + coat in dry cornmeal mix and tap off excess flour.
- In a small pot over medium high heat, pour enough avocado oil for the mushrooms to be partially submerged and easily fried. Allow oil to heat for 1-2 minutes and then drop in mushrooms and cook until golden and crispy on all sides about 2-3 minutes total.
- Transfer to wire cooling rack or paper towel.
- Place the waffle on the plate, followed by the crispy mushrooms, fresh thyme or parsley, flaky sea salt, and drizzle with Forest Juice.
See more of Sasha's creations here!