March 31, 2020
Fran's Celestial Oats
By Fran Allen
Oatmeal is a such a comforting, easy breakfast that actually is great for supporting digestion, blood sugar and hydration. I like to add an extra boost to my breakfast by adding good quality fats, antioxidants and mushrooms to keep me feeling energized all day. Here's how I make mine at home!
- ½ cup Rolled Oats (gluten free if necessary)
- 1 cup fresh water
- ¼ cup plant milk of choice (I prefer almond or hazelnut)
- 2 Tbsp raw milled flax seeds
- ½ cup fresh of frozen berries
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp hemp hearts
- Rainbo forest juice maple syrup with medicinal mushroom (to taste)
- Coconut yogurt* optional
- To start, add your frozen fruit with a pinch of salt to a small pot, turn heat to low and allow it to gently reduce while you prepare your oats.
- In another pot on medium add oats, water and plant milk with a pinch of sea salt. Simmer the oats and stir ingredients frequently so they don’t burn or stick. Once cooked though, you should have a nice smooth and creamy mixture. Remove from heat and stir in the milled flax seeds. Serve in a bowl with stewed fruit and top with chia, flax, a spoonful of good yogurt and a big drizzle of Forrest Juice and enjoy :)