August 12, 2019
Fermented Kvass | Kombucha | Medicinal Mushroom Tincture
"CALM THE HEART QUIET THE SPIRIT"
by chef: Joanathan Riccardi
- 4 tbs Anise star
- 3 Lemon grass stalks (remove the first one to two layers)
- 1 tbsp Ginger root
- 4 tbsp Schisandra berries
- 2 tbsp Ashwagandha root (or powder)
- 1 tbsp Fenugreek seeds
- 1 tbsp Agave
- 11:11 tincture
- 6 oz Kombucha
- Thyme + Edible Flowers
- Wash and add the herbs and place in quart-sized jar. Jar should be 32oz.
- Herbs should fill approximately 1/4 of the jar.
- Add one tablespoon of agave.
- Add the desired herbs to the jar and fill with spring or filtered water, leaving approximately 1 inch of space at the top of the jar, to allow for pressure to build up during fermentation.
- Tightly screw on the lid and give a gentle shake to combine ingredients.
- Leave to ferment at room temperature, out of direct sunlight, for 3 to 4 days.
- Give the jar a gentle shake a few times a day to combine ingredients, and to prevent unwanted bacteria from forming on the surface.
- As pressure builds up in the ferment, loosen the lid to "burp" your kvass, and screw the lid on tightly again.
- Feel free to taste your kvass periodically as it ferments - it is typically done after 2 to 3 days or when the kvass is slightly fizzy and tart.
- Strain fruit/herbs from kvass and discard.
- Store brewed kvass in the refrigerator for 1 week.
- Add 2oz of kvass in a rock glass with 1/4oz of agave.
- Stir them with ice for 30 seconds.
- Fill the glass with ice and top it with 6oz of the original Kombucha.
- Add two droppers (equal 2ml) of Rainbo 11:11.
- Decor with thyme and edible flowers.