Sweet Potato Brownies
A brownie you can eat for breakfast!
Made out of sweet potatoes and almonds, these brownies are nutritious chocolatey bites that consist of complex carbs and protein. A touch of our natural sweetener forest juice infuses mushroom medicine into this delicious breakfast, desert or snack that tastes just like a brownie from the bakery.
- 1 large sweet potato or 1.5 cups of pureed cooked sweet potato
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup ground oats
- 1/2 cup ground almonds (or almond flour)
- 1/4 cup almond butter (or substitute any nut butter)
- 1/4 cup forest juice maple syrup
- 6 Tbsp of organic baking cacao powder (we like this one)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 10 droppers of 11:11 (optional)
- Flaked sea salt
- Raw cacao nibs (optional)
- Peel and chop sweet potato into small even-sized chucks. Cover with a neutral oil such as coconut oil and roast in the oven at 400°C for 25 minutes or until golden brown and cooked all the way through.**
- Grind up just over 1/4 cup of oats in a blender. Remove and measure out 1/4 of a cup ground oats.
- Grind up 1/2 cup of almonds in a blender. Remove and measure out 1/2 cup of ground almonds (or almond flour).
- Blend the cooked sweet potato chunks until you get a smooth, pureed texture.
- Add the ground almonds and ground oats back into the blender with the sweet potato.
- Add all the remaining ingredients into the blender and blend until mixed.
- Coat a 8x8 pan with a thin layer of coconut oil, and press the brownie mixture into pan.
- Sprinkle with flaked sea salt and cacao nibs.
- Bake at 350°C for 25 minutes. Allow to cool before eating.
**roasting your sweet potato will bring out more of the natural sweetness than steaming or boiling.
Enjoy ♡ Rainbo